Bean and Rice Enchilada Casserole
Easier and faster to prepare than traditional enchiladas, but with the same great South-of-the-Border flavor.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles, drained
1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (8-ounce) can ORTEGA® Refried Beans
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives (optional)
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
12 to 16 ounces tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 green onions, sliced for garnish (optional)
- In a skillet brown ground beef and onion, for about 5 minutes; add diced green chiles at the end of cooking period; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add tomato sauce and refried beans. Stir and heat until bubbly; stir in olives.
- Layer in a lightly greased baking dish starting with cooked rice, mozzarella, meat mixture, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.