Beef Cups with Pizza Rice
Ground beef 'cups' filled with saucy pizza-flavored rice and topped with mozzarella cheese.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup rice cereal, crushed
2 large eggs
1 (2.4-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
3 cups cooked rice
1 (8-ounce) can pizza sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- Combine beef, cereal, eggs and soup mix. Divide mixture into 6 portions.
- Cover the outside of six 5-ounce custard cups with aluminum foil. Shape each portion of meat over foil to form cups. Place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown. Invert and loosen meat from foil.
- As meat bakes, combine rice, sauce and salt in saucepan. Heat through.
- Fill each meat cup with rice mixture. Top with cheese and green onions and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of USA Rice Federation.