Beef Lasagna Pie
An easy casserole with all the flavor of classic lasagna.
4 ounces wide egg noodle pasta
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. Layer noodles n the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan that's been coated with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté beef until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat and add onion, mushroom, green onions, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. .
- Spread cottage cheese and ricotta evenly over the pasta. Pour the tomato sauce over top and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Makes 6 servings.