Beer Brat Pasta
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
1 pound rigatoni or other medium pasta shape
1 pound kielbasa, Polish sausage or bratwurst
1/2 cup beer
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
2 sweet red peppers, coarsely chopped
1 cup onions, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Mix red pepper, onions, and garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in 13x9x2-inch baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In skillet simmer sausage in 1 cup boiling water for 10 minutes Drain water, add 1/4 cup beer, cook over medium heat until beer evaporates and sausage is brown. Slice.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add to sliced sausage.
- Add basil, pasta, 1 cup of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly. Add some pasta water if mixture seems dry.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.