Easy Deep Dish Pizza
Ready-made bread dough puts the easy in this tasty deep dish pizza.
2 (28-ounce) cans plum tomatoes, drained well and chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
3 teaspoons olive oil - divided use
Cornmeal as needed
1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1 pound (about 4 cups) shredded mozzarella
1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage (mild or hot), crumbled, cooked and drained.*
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine tomatoes with garlic, parsley, oregano and basil in bowl.
- Brush 12-inch diameter deep-dish pizza pan (or use 13x9x2-inch baking pan) with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle pan with cornmeal.
- Roll bread dough out to 13-inch round on lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to pan, extending 1-inch up pan sides. Spread dough with 1 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle half of mozzarella over. Top with half of cooked sausage and remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Distribute remaining sausage atop mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan and drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Bake until cheese bubbles and begins to brown and crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.