This savory, cheese-rich enchilada casserole makes a delicious meal on a busy weeknight. Toss a green salad together while the casserole is baking.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives - divided use
10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut in half - divided use
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish.
- Combine beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Layer half of tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining olives and green onions.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.