Fiesta Turkey Potato Bake
Your family will enjoy this hearty, great tasting Southwestern version of shepherd's pie.
10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
2 pounds ground turkey (or ground beef or pork)
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup water
1 (1.25-ounce) packet ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
1 (16-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle
1 (15.5-ounce) can corn, drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until tender. Drain; add sour cream, milk and butter. Mash; season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook turkey and onion in large skillet until turkey is no longer pink; add water and seasoning. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Add salsa and corn; cook for 10 minutes.
- Place turkey mixture in prepared baking pan; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Spread potato mixture over turkey; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.