Italian Sausage Sandwich Casserole
All the flavor of a hot Italian sausage sandwich in a quick and easy casserole that will surprise and satisfy your friends and family.
1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cooked, drained and sliced into 3/4-in pieces
1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 (15-ounce) containers BUITONI® Marinara Sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Place bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and oregano in small bowl. Spread over bread slices.
- Combine marinara sauce, garlic and sausage in medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake or 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.