A Southwestern-style layered lasagna. Layers of spicy ground beef alternating with onions, cheddar cheese and corn tortillas make zesty fare for supper.
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 onion, chopped
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium heat; drain of excess fat. Add chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Line prepared baking dish with 1/3 of the tortillas.
- Layer ingredients starting with 1/3 of meat sauce followed by onion and cheddar cheese; top with 3 tortillas. Repeat layers ending with cheese. Top with tomato.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.