Maggi Easy Lasagna
Ready-made spaghetti sauce puts the easy in this cheesy, ground beef lasagna.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor and Tomato Bouillon Tablets - divided use
1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese - divided use
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
9 to 12 dried lasagna noodles, uncooked - divided use
1/3 cup hot water
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place beef, onion and 1 tablet bouillon in large skillet. Cook, breaking up meat and bouillon with spatula, until beef is no longer pink and onion is softened. Drain, if necessary. Pour in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes with juice; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Dissolve remaining bouillon tablet in 2 tablespoons hot water in medium bowl. Stir in 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, oregano and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Top with 3 to 4 noodles. Spread 1/3 cheese mixture over noodles; top with 1/3 of remaining meat mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour 1/3 cup hot water around edges of lasagna.
- Spray one side of piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Cover baking pan with foil, sprayed-side-down.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover; bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.