Mexican Fiesta Casserole
A biscuit dough crust is topped with cooked and crumbled ground beef, sliced tomatoes, chopped green pepper and a sour cream and cheese topping.
1 pound ground beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped onions
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup water
3 tomatoes, sliced
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until brown; drain. Season with salt and pepper; then set aside.
- Mix cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and chopped onion; set aside.
- Stir biscuit baking mix and water together until a soft dough forms. Pat the dough into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan, pressing the dough 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Layer the meat, sliced tomatoes, and chopped green bell pepper over the dough. Spoon the sour cream mixture on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C), uncovered, until the edges of the dough are light brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
Makes 6 servings.