Ground beef, two types of cheese and salsa make a manicotti a la Mexicana to beat the band! Monterey Jack and ricotta cheeses combine with green chiles and salsa to fill soft tortillas in this great tasting dish.
1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup water
1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
1 3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese - divided use
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 (24-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa, Thick & Chunky - divided use
1 (7-ounce) can ORTEGA Whole Green Chiles, halved
10 (8-inch) soft taco-size tortillas
1 chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook beef in large skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add water and seasoning mix; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened.
- Combine 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese and ricotta cheese in small bowl. Spread 1 cup salsa onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla evenly with beef mixture, cheese mixture and 1 green chile half; roll up. Place in baking dish. Top with remaining salsa and remaining Monterey Jack cheese; cover.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Optional Tip: Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
For Freeze Ahead: Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.