Mini Meatloaves with Asiago Cheese
The whole family will love these yummy miniature meatloaves, both topped and filled with asiago cheese.
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 pound very lean ground beef, such as ground round
2/3 cup tomato or pizza sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
6 to 8 ounces Wisconsin Asiago cheese (or use Parmesan cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cheese in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 12 (2-inch) balls.
- Shred 4 ounces of the Asiago and set aside.
- Cut remaining Asiago into 12 cubes, approximately 1/2-inch square.
- Make a hole in top of each meatloaf ball and place one cheese cube inside. Reshape, covering cheese completely.
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until done to your taste. Sprinkle the shredded Asiago over the meatloaves during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Remove loaves from oven and remove immediately to a warm platter. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 (2 mini meatloaf) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.