Mock Enchilada Casserole
This quick and easy ground beef and bean casserole has both the flavor of enchiladas and tamales. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top for additional flavor and nutrition.
1/2 pound lean ground beef
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
1 cup enchilada sauce
1 (8.5-ounce) package cornbread mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brown beef lightly in a large skillet, stirring to crumble. Drain on paper towel.
- Combine beef, kidney beans and enchilada sauce in a casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cornbread batter according to package directions.
- When beef mixture is bubbling hot, spoon cornbread batter on top leaving space between. Continue baking for about 25 minutes or until cornbread is set and golden.
Makes 6 servings.