Parmesan-breaded and sautéed ground beef patties served in an Italian tomato sauce topped with mozzarella cheese. Serve this dish accompanied with your favorite pasta.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup crushed bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine ground beef, finely chopped onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Shape the mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and crushed bread crumbs.
- Dip the patties into beaten egg, then dredge in the cornflake mixture.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once. Drain.
- Mix tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over the patties. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide mozzarella cheese over the patties and heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Makes 6 servings