Southeast Asian Chicken Loaf
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council.
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
3 cloves garlic minced
1 cup plain rice cracker crumbs (about 3 ounces)
1 large egg
1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 medium green pepper, finely diced
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
Teriyaki sauce for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, knead together all meatloaf ingredients, except teriyaki sauce, with your hands.
- Pack the meatloaf into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour Let rest 5 minutes before inverting the pan to transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board.
- Slice the meatloaf and arrange the slices on a serving platter. Pass teriyaki sauce separately or drizzle over slices to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.