A simple and satisfying taco-seasoned ground beef, beans and potatoes casserole.
1 pound ground beef
3 green onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (1.25-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, undrained
1 (30-ounce) package country-style hash browns (diced)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Suggested Toppings: salsa, sour cream, sliced green onions
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain mixture, and return to skillet.
- Drain kidney beans, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Stir reserved liquid, tomato sauce, and chiles into meat mixture.
- Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; top with half of kidney beans and half of potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining meat mixture, beans, and potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes; sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.