Serve this tasty Tex-Mex taco-flavored ground beef and bean casserole with a dollop of sour cream drizzled with salsa and a squeeze of lime.
1 to 2 pounds ground beef
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
1 (16-ounce) jar homestyle chunky salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 (2-ounce) can sliced olives
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Fresh limes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger and drain fat. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Spoon browned hamburger into a 9x13x2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon the refried beans over meat; pour the salsa over beans. Top with the shredded cheeses and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with a layer of shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives and cilantro.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream drizzled with salsa and tortilla chips. Pass the lime wedges for extra, zesty flavor.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.