Looking for something different to serve that's quick and easy? Try this clever recipe that turns a can of savory tamales (or leftover homemade tamales) into a tasty skillet entrée your family and friends will enjoy. Serve this unique frittata topped with warm salsa.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 to 4 (about 10 ounces total) prepared savory beef or chicken tamales, cut into bite-size pieces
5 large eggs
2/3 cup (5-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
Green tomatillo salsa, warmed (or your favorite salsa)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tamale pieces; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk in large bowl until blended. Add to skillet; cover. Cook over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set.
- Top with cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
- If you’d like your cheese broiled instead of melted, place cooked frittata in an oven-safe skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until speckled brown.
- This frittata can also be made with any leftovers you have: cooked, thinly sliced beef or chicken, cooked corn kernels, cooked zucchini cubes, spinach, etc.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.