Turkey Burger Patties with Creole Gravy
Turkey burger patties served on slices of French bread and topped with a spicy, Cajun-style vegetable gravy.
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup diced green peppers
1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (12-ounce) jar Heinz® HomeStyle Turkey Gravy
3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Non-stick cooking spray
1 (16-ounce) package Butterball® Fresh All Natural Turkey Burger Patties
4 slices diagonally sliced warm or toasted French bread
- For the Creole Gravy: Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peppers, onions and celery and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add turkey burgers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165°F (73.8°C).
- For each serving, place 1 slice of bread on a plate. Top with cooked burger and some of the Creole Gravy.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 486; Fat 16g; Cholesterol 94; Protein 34g; Saturated Fat 7g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 2838mg; Carbohydrates 56g; Sugar 9g; Iron 0%; Fiber 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.