Chocolate Cherry Bars
Chewy chocolate almond bars topped with a sweet almond glaze studded with mini chocolate kisses and chopped maraschino cherries.
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs - divided use
1 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour - divided use
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat. Add sugar, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups flour and almonds; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 egg, remaining 1/3 cup flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Pour over baked layer; sprinkle chocolates and cherries over top. Return to oven.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.
Makes 48 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.