This easy recipe embellishes a fudge brownie mix with a chocolate frosting topped with a sprinkling of mini Reese's Pieces and a decorative drizzle of melted peanut butter chips.
1 (19.8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
1 1/2 cups MINI REESE'S PIECES - divided use
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoons hot water
PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE:
3 tablespoons REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package for fudge like brownies. Spread half of brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup MINI REESE'S PIECES over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over MINI REESE'S PIECES.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted 2-inches from side of pan comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack; cool slightly.
- Prepare and spread CHOCOLATE FROSTING over brownie.
- For CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa stirring until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash of salt. Gradually add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar with 6 tablespoons hot water, stirring until smooth. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- Sprinkle and gently press 3/4 cup MINI REESE'S PIECES over frosting.
- Prepare and drizzle PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE over MINI REESE'S PIECES. Cool completely in pan.
- For PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE: Place 3 tablespoons REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
Makes 12 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.