Ganache Dark Fudgey Brownies
Fudgey cocoa brownies topped with rich chocolate ganache.
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted - divided use
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - divided use
Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
2 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup whipping cream
Fresh strawberries (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water, stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter, stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache. Pour over brownies. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into 3-inch squares; cut squares diagonally in half to form a triangle shape.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry, if desired.
Makes 12 brownies.
Chocolate Ganache: Place 2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Makes about 2 cups ganache.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.