Oatmeal Toffee Bars
Oatmeal bars topped with crunchy bits of toffee candy.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups (8-ounce package) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits - divided use
3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- Stir remaining toffee bits and oats into batter (batter will be stiff). Spread batter into prepared pan; sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup toffee bits over surface.
- Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.