Chocolate Mint Pound Cake
This moist, cream cheese pound cake is studded with mint-flavored chocolate chips and drizzled with a mint chocolate glaze.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4-ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Mint Chocolate Chips - divided use
3 to 4 drops green food color (optional)
Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour and baking powder; stir in 1 cup mint chocolate chips (reserving the remainder for glaze) and green food color, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze; spread over top of cake, allowing glaze to run down sides. Cool completely.
Makes 10 servings.
Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze: Place remaining 2/3 cup mint chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.