Spicey Butterscotch Snack Cake
An easy, delicious spice snack cake studded with rich and flavorful butterscotch chips.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups (11-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Powdered sugar or frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Mix in applesauce.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans, if desired. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with whipped topping, if desired.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.