Halloween Cookies on a Stick
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
About 18 wooden ice cream sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart. Shape into balls. Insert wooden stick about halfway into center of each. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with decorating icing.
Makes about 18 (3 1/2-inch) cookies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.