Cheesy Goblin Head
This little goblin won't bite you even if you nibble on him! The yummy cheese spreads easily on crackers for a quick snack.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) package shredded taco-flavored cheese
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
Red pepper-stuffed olives
Green sweet pepper
- Place 2 packages of cream cheese, taco-flavored cheese, and margarine in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk to the cheese mixture in the mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Cover bowl and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Form cheese mixture into a head shape and place on a serving plate. In a bowl, stir the remaining cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread head with softened cream cheese.
- Press in tortilla chips for ears.
- Using wooden toothpicks, attach a pickled whole pepper for nose, pimiento-stuffed olives for eyes, and pepper-stuffed olives for toes.
- Cut zigzag pieces of sweet pepper for eyebrows.
- Use shredded beets for hair and press in carrot sticks for teeth.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
Makes 20 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/20 of recipe): calories: 223, total fat: 22g, saturated fat: 12g, cholesterol: 60mg, sodium: 257mg, carbohydrate: 2g, fiber: 0g, protein: 6g, vitamin A: 15%, vitamin C: 0%, calcium: 10%, iron: 3%
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.