These cobweb cookies are formed with a thin batter, using a squeeze bottle, and cooked in a hot skillet. Once cooked they are sprinkled with powdered sugar. A fun project cooking project to do with the kids.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
- Beat together the flour, sugar, vegetable oil, milk, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Pour batter into a plastic squeeze bottle with a narrow opening.
- Heat a lightly greased, large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Working quickly, squeeze batter to form 4 straight, thin lines which intersect at a common center point to form a "star" shape. To form cobweb, squeeze thin streams of batter to connect lines.
- Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until bottom is golden brown; carefully turn. Cook until golden brown; remove from skillet.
- Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.