This festive holiday bread makes a delicious gift, too.
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 (16-ounce) package hot roll mix
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F | 50°C to 55°C)
1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts - divided use
2 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 to 4 teaspoons low-fat or fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cranberry sauce in fine strainer or sieve; stir to break up. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- In large bowl, combine contents of box and yeast packet from hot roll mix with oats and 1/4 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Stir in hot water, egg substitute and margarine until dough pulls away from bowl.
- Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Keep half the dough covered.
- Press other half of dough into 12 x 8-inch rectangle on one cookie sheet.
- Top with half of drained cranberry sauce, 1/4 cup nuts and 1 tablespoon sugar to within 1-inch of edge.
- Roll up, starting from long side, pinching seams and ends to seal. Bring ends together to form a ring.
- With kitchen shears, cut through ring almost to center at 2-inch intervals.
- Make second wreath with remaining dough.
- Cover both wreaths loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until nearly double in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Uncover wreaths; bake 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- For icing, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over top of each wreath.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
To Reheat: Microwave at HIGH 15 to 20 seconds per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 240 Total Fat: 6 Saturated Fat: 1 Cholesterol: 0 Sodium: 220 Dietary Fiber: 1
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.