Easy Springtime Cheesecake
This easy cheesecake makes an elegant dessert for Easter.
1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
36 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER or Milk Chocolate NestEggs*
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- For Cheesecake: Set aside 12 Nestlé NestEggs to use for garnish. Unwrap and cut remaining Nestlé NestEggs in quarters.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sprinkle cut Nestlé NestEggs over bottom of crust to 1/2-inch from edge. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until center is set and edges begin to crack. Cool for 2 minutes before adding sour cream topping.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish each slice with one unwrapped Nestlé NestEgg.
Makes 12 servings.
*NESTLÉ Nesteggs are available March through mid-April.
- Try substituting 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels or SWIRLED Semi-Sweet & White Chocolate Morsels in place of 36 NESTLÉ NestEggs.
- Sprinkle 1 cup morsels over bottom of crust before pouring filling into crust. After cheesecake is baked and cooled, sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels around top edge of cheesecake as garnish.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.