Festive Tree Cake
No special baking pan is needed to make this festive tree cake.
Recipe Ingredients:25 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies - divided use
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding in the mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large egg whites
1 (4.25-ounce) tube green decorating icing
11 gummy rings, any flavor
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coarsely chop 15 of the cookies.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat 2 minutes on high speed. Stir in chopped cookies. Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Cut 8 of the remaining cookies in half; arrange in rows in triangular shape over batter to resemble a tree, pressing cut side of each cookie gently into batter. Place 1 of the remaining whole cookies at the top of the tree for the star and remaining whole cookie at the bottom of the tree for the trunk.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Carefully remove cake from pan; place on large serving tray. Decorate with decorating icing and candies as desired.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar. Cut into 16 squares to serve.
Makes 12 servings.