These fun Halloween treats will be the talk of the party! Oranges are hollowed out, Jack-O-lantern faces are carved into each and then they are packed with chocolate ice cream, tops replaced and a cinnamon stick inserted for for a 'stem'.
12 navel oranges
12 cinnamon sticks
1/2 gallon dark chocolate ice cream
- Cut off tops of oranges. Gently hollow out pulp (reserve for another use), leaving a thick shell; remove pulp off tops also.
- Carefully cut Jack-O-lantern faces into each orange.
- Pack chocolate ice cream into shells, avoid letting ice cream come out of holes.
- Cut center out of orange top. Set tops back on over ice cream, and insert a cinnamon stick stem through the hole.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours, or until serving time.
Makes 12 servings.