Ghostly Pudding Cups
These Halloween-themed pudding cups are topped with whipped cream 'ghosts' with spooky little chocolate 'eyes'.
1/2 cup cold whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups cold milk
2 (3.25-ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
15 (10-ounce) clear plastic cups
20 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed - divided use
30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (for the "eyes")
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until stiff; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes and beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Gently stir in half of the whipped cream and half of the crushed cookies.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the remaining crushed cookies into each of the 15 cups. Spoon pudding mixture evenly into cups; top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Drop remaining whipped cream by spoonfuls onto puddings to create "ghosts".
- Decorate with the miniature chocolate chips to create "eyes". Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 15 servings.
- 1 (8-ounce) container of nondairy whipped topping can be used in place of the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Low-fat and fat-free products can be used in this recipe, desired.