Halloween Fun Cups
These yummy Halloween treats-in-a-cup have a chocolate 'spider web' drizzled on top inhabited by a 'scary' plastic spider to thrill the little tricksters!
2 1/2 cups boiling water - divided use
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages orange gelatin
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages grape gelatin
10 (6-ounce) plastic cups
1 1/4 cups nondairy whipped topping
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon butter
10 small plastic spiders
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups boiling water and the orange gelatin until completely dissolved; pour into lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Repeat with remaining 1 1/4 cups boiling water and grape gelatin. Refrigerate both until firm, about 3 hours.
- Cut both gelatin flavors into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In each plastic cup layer in order: 1/4 cup orange cubes, 1 tablespoon of whipped topping, 1/4 cup of grape gelatin cubes and top off with 1 tablespoon of whipped topping.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small microwaveable bowl in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stirring after 30 seconds, until chips are melted, if necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring each time; cool slightly.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut a tiny corner off of one of the bottom corners of bag; squeeze chocolate over whipped topping to resemble a spiderweb. Top with Halloween sprinkles and a small plastic spider.
Makes 10 servings.