Shamrock Broccoli Roll-ups
Looking for something different to serve for St. Patrick's Day? Try these broccoli roll-ups.
1 pound of smoked turkey or roast beef thinly sliced (about 20 slices)
1 head broccoli, washed and cut into florets about 1 1/2-inches long
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Slice the turkey or roast beef in half lengthwise. You should have about 40 2-inch wide strips depending on the size of your original slices.
- Lightly steam the broccoli florets until bright green but still crisp (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and rinse in cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, and mustard together in a small bowl.
- To assemble roll-ups, lay one strip of meat lengthwise and spread about 1 teaspoon of sauce in the middle. Place a broccoli floret in the center with the floret side facing the flat cut side of the meat. Wrap one end around floret and roll. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Arrange on a platter. The extra sauce can be used as a dip.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Horseradish.org.