Spider Web Brownies
An easy -- and yummy -- way to turn a plain pan of brownies into Halloween-fun brownies!
1 (21-ounce) package brownie mix
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. (Do not over bake.)
- Immediately drop marshmallow creme by spoonfuls over hot brownies; spread evenly over top of brownies.
- Lift brownies from pan, using foil handles. Place brownies a on serving platter or tray and remove foil.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until mixture is melted when stirred. Place mixture in a small reclosable plastic bag; cut off tiny section of corner and drizzle chocolate mixture in a few circles and then back and forth over brownie to create a spiderweb design.
Makes 24 servings.