Sugar Skull Cookies
Spooky, chocolatey scary-face skull cookies.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
4 individual boxes WONKA SweeTARTS Skulls N' Bones (found in WONKA Monster Treats assorted candy bag)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place butter and Abuelita chocolate in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until completely melted and smooth; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat Abuelita mixture and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add egg; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- Shape rounded tablespoon of dough into ball. Flatten ball into a disk and shape into a skull by pinching sides of bottom quarter of dough. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden around edges. Immediately press Skulls N’ Bones onto cookies to form eyes and mouth. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 24 cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.