These quick and easy cookies are perfect for a school Valentine party.
1 (13-ounce) package NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Hearts or NESTLÉ CRUNCH Hearts*, unwrapped
3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in 1 cup granulated sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press 1 Nestlé Heart into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 48 cookies.
*NESTLÉ Hearts are available mid-January through mid-February.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.