Make no bones about it — these three skeletons are a scarily sweet treat. Create the edible scene with staples found in your grocery store's snack and baking aisles.
Thick pretzel stick pieces
Melted white baking chocolate
Chocolate graham crackers
Green tinted coconut "grass"
Chocolate-filled butter cookies
- For each skeleton, cut a large marshmallow in half forming two rounds. Dip marshmallow rounds and some thick pretzel stick pieces into melted white baking chocolate; place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Chill until set.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip, pipe chocolate frosting onto marshmallow halves to make skeleton faces.
- Pipe a little frosting on a chocolate graham cracker and attach a marshmallow skeleton head. Pipe a little frosting lengthwise onto the undersides of coated pretzel pieces, attaching them to the graham cracker to create a skeleton body. Use some melted white chocolate baking chocolate to pipe ribs onto the skeleton over the spine.
- Line a serving platter with green tinted coconut "grass." Sprinkle on crushed chocolate graham crackers as "dirt." Stick the remaining marshmallow halves partly underneath the skeleton-topped graham crackers to prop them up, place on "dirt."
- Using chocolate frosting, decorate a chocolate-filled butter cookie as a tombstone. Stick a cookie into each marshmallow half, positioning it as a tombstone.
Makes ? servings.
Recipe and photograph provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.