Tricky Treat for Halloween
These little 'pumpkins', orange sherbet-filled naval oranges, with Jack-o-lantern faces drawn on and green gumdrop 'stems', make adorable cool treats for Halloween.
6 large navel oranges
Orange sherbet or ice cream
- Cut off tops of oranges. Gently hollow out pulp and reserve. Remove pulp off tops also. Chop pulp; set aside.
- Draw Jack-O-Lantern faces into each orange with a marking pen.
- Partly fill orange with fruit and top with a scoop of sherbet or ice cream.
- Cut center out of orange top. Set tops back on over ice cream, and insert a gum drop through the hole for the stem.
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours, or until serving time.
Makes 6 servings.