Children will have as much fun putting this cookie menorah together as they will taking it apart and eating it.
1 (20x5-inch) rectangle of stiff cardboard or other stiff material
3 (1.8-ounce) packages WONKA KAZOOZLES, any flavor
1 (1.77-ounce) package WONKA Spree
1 small can of prepared frosting
1 (16.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- Cover the cardboard rectangle with foil. This tray will hold the cookie Menorah you will create.
- Cut five Kazoozles in half. You will use nine halves total. Set the extra Kazoozles aside. Make a small slit at one end of each Kazoozles half. Immediately place 1 Spree, on edge, into the slit at the end of each Kazoozles half. The stickiness of the filling should keep the Spree attached. (If needed, a small amount of prepared frosting can be used to attach the Spree.) The Kazoozles and Spree represent the candles and the flames that you will put in a cookie “candlestick”.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare cookies according to package directions, baking for 9 minutes so cookies are still soft. Remove cookies from oven and while still soft, quickly press the handle of a wooden spoon into the center of each cookie to make a hole. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Stack 4 cookies on top of each other using a little frosting on the bottom of each cookie to adhere (be sure to line up holes and to keep frosting away from the holes). Repeat this 7 times, so that you have a total of 8 identical stacks of 4 cookies. Make one more stack that is made of 8 cookies placed on top of each other, again adhering with frosting and lining up the holes.
- Spread the bottom of the tallest stack of cookies with a little frosting, then place in the middle of the prepared cardboard piece tray. Spread a little frosting onto the bottoms of the other stacks and place 4 stacks to the left of the center and 4 stacks to the right of the center.
- Place a Kazoozle “candle” in the center of each stack, twisting gently so Kazoozles fit into the cookie “candleholders”. (Frosting can be used to hold Kazoozles in place.)
Makes 14 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.