Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Dill Marinade
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
3 tablespoons capers, chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
4 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (4 to 6-pound) American Lamb leg, boned and butterflied
- In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 13x9x2-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
- To Broil: Broil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat, 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
- To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 in. from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time. Check meat internal temperature: 145°F (162.7°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71.1°C) for medium or 170°F (76.6°C) for well.
- Once meat is done cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10°F.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 304; Total Fat: 15g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 39g; Sodium: 411mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.