Cozumel Lamb Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
1 fennel bulb
1 cup tomato vegetable juice
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
2 tablespoons fennel seed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds American Lamb boneless leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup small boiled onions
2 oranges, cut into chunks (with skin)
12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Remove green stems from fennel bulb. Peel off 6 outer layers. Cut into 1-inch squares; reserve. Finely chop remaining fennel.
- In large non-metal bowl, stir together chopped fennel, juices, onion, cilantro or parsley, fennel seed, salt and pepper.
- Add lamb cubes, fennel cubes and onions; cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Use a 12-inch bamboo skewer to make kabobs by alternating lamb cubes, orange chunks, fennel squares and onions. Repeat,
- making all skewers.
- Broil 4 to 6-inches from source of heat for about 10 to 14 minutes turning once.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 227; Total Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 636mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.