Garlic and Oregano Roast Lamb
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia. Serve lamb with roasted vegetables such as sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots and onions.
2 pounds boneless lean leg of Australian lamb
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic bag. Add the lamb to the marinade and mix well. Remove the air and seal the bag with a twist tie. Refrigerate for overnight, if possible.
- Drain the lamb and place on a rack in a roasting pan. Reserve the marinade.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cooked to desired liking. Baste twice with extra marinade during cooking.
- Remove from oven, wrap in foil and rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Leftovers can be used for sandwiches and wraps.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.