Grilled Lamb with Rosemary
Leg of lamb takes a long soak in a savory soy, red wine and fresh rosemary marinade and then grilled to moist and flavorful perfection.
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3-pound) boneless leg of lamb roast, rolled and tied
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, red wine, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Add lamb roast, seal and shake gently until thoroughly coated. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Drain roast; strain and reserve liquid.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Place lamb on grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Return to grill, cover and cook for 50 minutes, or until lamb reaches 5 to 10 degress under 150°F for medium-rare (lamb will continue to cook as it rests). Allow lamb to sit, lightly covered, 10 minutes before carving.
- While lamb rests, boil reserved marinade in a small saucepan for at least 1 full minute. Serve as a sauce alongside lamb.
Makes 6 servings.