Grilled Peach and American Lamb Kebabs
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
3 pounds American Lamb leg, or boneless leg roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 small red onion, cut into quarters
1/3 cup peach jam
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
4 whole peaches, skin removed and cut in half, pitted or 8 canned or jarred peach halves
16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Place the lamb cubes and onion in a large pan.
- In a bowl, combine jam, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; pour over the lamb and onions. Toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate 4 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade.
- On each skewer, thread 4 lamb cubes alternating with onion pieces.
- Grill the kabobs about 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, remove from grill, cover and let stand.
- Grill peaches cut-side down until browned and juicy. Cut each grilled peach in half again and place on the end of each skewer. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 601; Total Fat: 39g; Cholesterol: 171mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 459mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.