Grilled Savory Boneless Leg of Lamb
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
1 American Lamb leg, boned
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon coarse garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lay lamb out flat on cutting board. Trim off all visible fat.
- In small bowl, blend paprika, garlic salt, cumin, dry mustard, pepper, brown sugar and cayenne. Rub seasonings onto lamb.
- Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 2 hours.
- Oil or spray grill.
- Cook lamb over medium coals. Grill lamb for about 30 to 40 minutes or until desired degree of doneness; 145°F (162.7°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71.1°C) for medium or 170°F (76.6°C) for well. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10°F degrees. Turn meat every 15 minutes. Remove lamb from grill, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice lamb and serve on sandwiches or salads.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 416; Calories From Fat: 51; Total Fat: 23g; Cholesterol: 150mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 461mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.