Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto
Mint pesto is a cool and refreshing twist on the traditional basil pesto—and the perfect pesto flavor toe pair with lamb.
2 cloves garlic - divided use
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 (4-ounce) lamb chops, bone-in
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
- For the marinade, mince 1 garlic clove and mix with the vinegar, olive oil and pepper.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade on top and turn to coat. Allow the lamb to marinate 2 to 4 hours, refrigerated.
- Thirty minutes before cooking, remove dish from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature. Preheat broiler.
- Place the remaining clove of garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the parsley, mint, lemon juice and salt; pulse until herbs are roughly chopped. Add nuts and mix well. With the machine still running, pour the olive oil steadily in until incorporated and pulling away from the side of the bowl.
- Broil or grill chops about 4 minutes per side. Slather a spoonful of pesto on top of each lamb chop and serve.
Makes 4 servings.