Marinated Roast Rack Lamb
This elegant and delicious marinated roast rack of lamb is perfect for a small dinner party.
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons brandy
3/4 cup extra olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon crushed dried oregano
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly cracked
2 racks of lamb, (1 1/2 pounds each)
- Combine the lemon juice, red wine, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and brandy in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil a little at a time. Add the rosemary, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Trim the fat from between the ribs and trim the excess covering of fat from the meat. Place the lamb in a container or large plastic roasting bag, pour the marinade over the lamb, and refrigerate overnight. Remove the lamb from the marinade (reserve marinade) and let lamb sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before roasting.
- In a small saucepan bring the reserved marinade to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a heavy sauté pan over high heat, sear the lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and then place in the oven, reduce the temperature to 400°F (205°C), and roast for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the cooked marinade, as desired.
Makes 4 servings.